Mold Remediation and Removal
With the introduction of a water source, such as a roof or plumbing leak, any home or company can become infested with mold quickly. Mold can grow throughout a home in as little as 48-72 hours, producing allergens and irritants that can cause a variety of health problems.
Our Ikon Professionals can examine and appraise your property if you suspect you have a mold problem in your home or business. They have the skills, tools, and expertise to deal with mold if it is discovered.
Mold spores are microscopic and can be found practically anywhere, both indoors and out, making it tough to completely eliminate mold from a home or business. Some restoration companies advertise "mold eradication" and even make guarantees that all mold will be removed, which is a false claim. Take a look at the following mold facts:
- Mold can be found practically anywhere, both indoors and out.
- Mold spores are small and float through the air, and they can enter your home through windows, doors, or air conditioning and heating systems, or even on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive in humid environments. When exposed to water, mold spores can swiftly form colonies.
- Any sources of water or moisture must be addressed before mold treatment may begin. Otherwise, the mold could reappear.
- Mold has a distinct, musty odor that can guide you to potential mold problems.
- Mold can grow in even higher-than-normal indoor humidity. Maintain an indoor humidity level of less than 45 percent.
The Mold Removal Process
The breadth and duration of the mold remediation process will vary based on the specific conditions of your property. The scope and procedure for removing mold from an attic, basement, or crawl space vary, and the complete mold removal process can take a few days or longer depending on the scenario.